Celina Tent is a GSA Member willing to make bids on a variety of government bids: refugee tents, temporary housing, disaster relief housing, and other government contracts.
Relief Shelter Features
NSN: 8340-01-535-6379 (Tan)
Celina’s General Purpose / Humanitarian Shelter is a non-tactical shelter designed to offer an economical solution for humanitarian aid in the event of a natural disaster or conflict worldwide. General purposes include: Medical facilities, billeting, field services, and storage.
- Dimensions: 16’ Length x 16’ Width x 7’ (eave) to 11’ (peak) Height
- Floor Area: 256 square feet
- Erection: 4 soldiers, 30 minutes
- Fabric: Tactical PVC fabric coated membrane (all materials are 100% Berry Amendment compliant)
- Color: Desert tan or camouflage green
- Doors: One wall is equipped with a door that meets the minimum opening requirements of the DOD (6 ft. 3 in. high and 4 ft. 6 in. wide) to accommodate soldiers with backpacks. The standard door is NOT temper vestibule compatible.
- Pin-less Frame Structure: The structure is held together with tension from the x-support webbing and a perimeter rope & rope lock, possessing no pins or push button fasteners.
- Optional welding: Framework joints can be welded to create a semi-permanent, long-term structure.
- Construction: Sidewalls include extensions on each end, which wrap around the corners and are secured in place by adjustable side release buckles to prevent element intrusion. A mud flap around the perimeter of the shelter is provided in order to place sand bags to achieve maximum rigidity of the shelter and to reduce pest and/or rodent intrusion.
HGPTS’s boast many easy-to-use features:
- A peak vent allows warm air to escape through the roof of shelter and can easily be opened or closed at ground level from the exterior of the shelter by one person.
- A floor attaches to the interior of the shelter and creates a completely enclosed structure.
- The internal-frame support system is capable of withstanding:
- Steady wind speeds of 55 mph, with gusts up to 65 mph.
- Snow load of 10 pounds per square foot for a minimum of 12 hours.
- X-support webbing braces provide the structure with added strength and also allow the occupants to maintain the shelter from within (no tensioning tools required), as well as erect shelters in close proximity to each other since no external wind lines are necessary.
- Shelter cover and sidewalls are heat welded to prevent water leakage.
- The heavy-duty framework consists of fittings constructed with 14ga x 2.125” diameter tubing, and poles made from 16ga x 1.875” diameter tubing. Frame tubing is a standard item, which allows replacements to be purchased worldwide.
- The only tool required for erection is a striking device, such as a hammer, mallet, or rock.
- Complete unit is packaged in a transit container measuring 24” W by 102” L by 22” H, weighing 605 lbs. The transit container is reusable and provides protection during transport and storage.
Optional Add-Ons Include:
- In-Field Repair kits for the cover, wall, & floor
- Stove pipe installation kits